Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fund. Maya and Fund. Game Art

Our final for Fundamentals of Maya is going to be some sort of animation. My idea so far is going to be animating an angry cactus walking hopping around. He'll look something like this, except less pointy, and I'll probably not model it in Maya. (shh!)

It seems like it'll be pretty simple to model and rig. I don't know about the animation part, though, but hopefully I'll get it done in time.




On the flipside, we've been working on a creature model in Fundamentals of Game Art for the last few weeks. Last week we finished texturing, and the rigging part needs to be done by class on Wednesday. After spring break we get to the group project and that sounds like great fun.

The class so far is a really speedy crash course on the modeling. It goes too fast to get the model/texture/etc to a refined point, but I think it's just intended to give you a sense of the process. The real stuff goes down in the other classes.

Anyway up there is the design for my creature! It's some sort of mix between Mike from Monsters Inc and a Strider/Hunter from Half-Life 2. Here are some renders:






I'm not too happy with the texture, so I'm probably going to redo that at some point.